Sep 9, 2008

Checking in....

Hi all - It's been a couple days and I have fallen off the face of the earth. I'm back now, and laughing at life. We've had an interesting week....

First, we found out we have termites. Not such a big deal considering the climate we live in, but a pain and expensive to deal with. And gross - have you ever really seen a termite? Although small, those things are creepy looking!

Next, my car broke down. I figure no big deal because I've never really had to spend a whole lot of money on my trusty little Honda. Bad starter. Oh well, I think to myself. Replacing it now means I don't have to replace it for another 6 years, right? Then came the big one....

Labor Day dawned nice and sunny. We took the boys to the Zoo as it was only supposed to be 102 outside (which in comparison is cool compared to the humid 110 we've had recently). We spent the better part of the day lounging in the sun and came home exhausted to a very warm home. Turns out our A/C unit died. A long, costly, painful death. After 3 days of no A/C (did you know your house can be hotter inside than out?) we were able to get the unit replaced. We are now living in the lap of A/C luxury.

I suppose I bring all this up not to make you feel sorry for me, but as I spent the better part of a week feeling sorry for myself and all my misfortune I realized it could be so much worse. I have so much to be thankful for, and so many people to say thank you to....but each day passes without saying the words.

I read an article on azcentral.com (http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/2008/09/08/20080908nie0908-CP.html) today about a woman who uses this very blogging site to keep in touch with her family (nienie diologues.blogspot.com) For whatever reason her blog has a little following....she's a mom with 4 kids and loves being a mom. Life for her is crazy, but she blogs about indulging in the little things for her kids. Unfortunately, her and her husband were in a plane crash a month ago - and survived. Both are in critical condition with severe burns, but are expected to live. In an instant their lives changed. Reading this woman's story - and visiting her blog has shown me how fast life can change. Talk about wanting to change your life and living it with real perspective. This story - and the stories of others close to me have made me want better...for everyone.

So, to all my dear friends and family - I love you. I thank you for your love, support and friendship. I hope in some way you find the same peace I am learning to find as we navigate our ways through our crazy lives.

I'll post some more pictures soon - but only because I promised Shannon and Amber :)

I love you!
Love, Rhonda

1 comment:

Shannon Houston said...

what a great article, made me want to cry but more than that, makes me want to make sure I live in the moment and not worry about the house being a mess because life with family and kids is so much more important. Love you!

background