Aug 27, 2008

Dom's 8th grade dance

I volunteered to help coordinate the dance for Dom's graduating class....what an experience. I am not a good PTA mom. I thought high school had drama - I was in no way prepared for what I encountered! Lots of moms with lots of time on their hands.....oy vey!


The best part about volunteering was allowing Dom to think that Jason and I were going to chaperone the party....he was mortified to say the least. In fact, he refused to go to the dance until the day before when I finally told him I wasn't allowed to be there.


The theme as you can see was Bon Voyage. It's interesting work decorating a gyma-caf-atorium :) We had some great ladies that were incredibly organized and did a great job with the layout and decorations. The lifepreserver was made out of foam and provided a backdrop for the kids to take pictures under. We had deck chairs and umbrellas set out for seating arrangements, twinkle lights (you have to set the mood), and lots and lots of donated plants. The dance floor was roped off with nautical rope and wound through pylons made out of foam.


It's hard to photograph the final outcome because of the lighting, but it turned out really good. The kids said they had the time of their lives.....but they're only 14, so really - what do they have to compare it to?




1 comment:

Shannon Houston said...

Great job, that looks really cool! You go, you PTA mom...LOL. Sam and I can't wait to torture Porter by "volunteering" for his stuff... oh the fun you can have with your kids...

background